Monday, February 7, 2011

LEARN YOUR WORTH

    To all the Producers and ARTIST know your worth and understand what you are charging for and what services you provide for your business. I charge a significant amount of money for my tracks because I provide radio singles for artist which in return turns in to a vast amount of show monies for my clients. So yes if you are established and have a budget I need to be paid what I'm worth, after you walk out of my studio there are no show monies for me and the way the industry is there is almost no back end either. I hear people complain about the 360 deals, Why do you think that's in place? The labels are not stupid with the decline of record sales if they are gonna invest money into an artist they have to secure all avenues of getting there money back. These days a artist can get a couple of hot songs and not sell enough records to recoup their budget but on the other hand make a lot of money doing shows and features because of a hot record. So be very business minded about your business people and understand what you bring to the table and gauge the worth of your own stock value. In closing I want all artist to understand just because I charge a lot for tracks does not mean I want wave my fees are come down on my prices .If I believe in a artist sound I believe in waving fees are cutting them down this has been a part of my legacy for many years.

   Everyone be blessed And remember to keep God first.

I AM MR LEE

2 comments:

  1. Starting out, what is a good gauge to start from for charging for services as a producer? You are a veteran in this game, and I know you've seen it all, but why are people so hesitant to investing in their craft? They claim they want fire tracks and great production but not willing to pay for it. You hate to discourage people, but something are not for everyone either. How do you deal with this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great message. Furthermore, this message is valid in a variety of industries, not just music. In the world of business/financial consultation, someone that only charges $50/hour rather then $100/hour may 1) respect you half as much 2) provide half the results 3) have half as much self confidence as the person charging more money.

    If only we knew who first said the quote "you get what you pay for."

    ReplyDelete